There is a part of me that loves the idea of taking a week and donating the majority of my material possessions, never buying a packaged food item again, and never buying anything new again (other than socks, shoes, and unmentionables). Then there is the practical side that recognizes that I don’t have a week to go through my entire house, I don’t live here alone, and currently I don’t have the resources to buy completely package-free food. And so here I am, taking baby steps.
- Fixed window blinds that were broken instead of replacing.
- Contacted Trader Joe’s and ended delivery of the Fearless Flyer. If you want to unsubscribe, use this link. You can also sign up for e-delivery if you are interested.
- Saved the Fearless Flyer that just came in the mail to attempt to make paper pots for garden seedlings.
- Contacted Twinings Tea of London and asked them to stop using individual, foil-lined packets for their tea. I can’t say their response was incredibly encouraging but I will vote with my dollars and buy a different brand from now on. I enjoy peppermint tea most mornings and hope to eventually grow my own peppermint.
- For some reason I picked up a bookmark-sized flyer at the library for an event that I am not attending. I used the flyer to make origami decorations for a birthday card. Must make a habit of not picking up random bits of paper when I am out.