- Donated to a relative’s Girl Scout troop instead of buying Girl Scout cookies and having them shipped.
- Finished projects around the house we already had the parts for instead of starting new projects.
- Replaced a cartridge in a faucet to stop a water drip. This was “practically” waste free because I had to throw out the old cartridge and the new cartridge, of course, came in plastic. Wrote a letter to the company suggesting other or no packaging.
- Made a big pot of soup for dinner and had leftovers for lunches. I used up a languishing onion and some potatoes that needed using.
- I started a system to track leftovers and perishables in the fridge to reduce food waste.