As I mentioned in my previous post, this month I am getting serious about the paper that is invading nearly every surface of my house (not literally, but it certainly feels like it). While I deal with removing the paper that is already in the house, I am working on keeping more paper from coming in the house.
- I have started tackling the filing cabinet. More room in there means not having to buy more storage “solutions.” I shredded one entire folder today … and it felt good!
- Removed my address from two mailing lists that just send out coupons and store flyers. I look forward to the day when I’m not recycling most of my mail.
- I am in the midst of patching 5 pairs of my kids’ pants. I let them pick the shape of the patch and then they are more of a decoration than a patch.
- I parted ways with a bunch of stuff that was still living at my parents’ house instead of wasting the packing and shipping to have it sent to me. Thanks for your help Mom!
- Am rooting some cuttings from houseplants I already own. More plants means cleaner indoor air.