- We left the Easter Bunny homemade carrot cake and made homemade coffee cake for a treat for ourselves. There were some jelly beans purchased … progress not perfection.
- Made Potato Leek Soup with fresh market ingredients (free of packaging) to counterbalance the sweets.
- Utilized tea and some minimally packaged lemon drops to soothe some recent Spring colds.
- I continue to knit for charity with yarn I already had and knitting needles I bought from Craigslist.
- Bought pussy willows at the market to decorate the dining room. The only packaging was the cotton string holding them together. I put them in a vase I already own.
- Using shredded paper to line our compost bin (for curbside pickup) so we don’t get a gross sludge layer at the bottom. We have also been taking compost out daily so that we don’t need an indoor bucket with a liner; I just use a bowl or colander to collect in until the end of the day.