- Made homemade crackers for the first time thanks to a friend convincing me that I couldn’t really mess them up. Considering they were all eaten within an hour (I had considerable help) I’d say they were a hit. My diabolical plan to slowly replace most of our store bought items with homemade may work yet.
- Spent many hours outside over the weekend, including some time on the water. The more time I spend outside, the more committed I am to making good choices.
- Shopped for produce at the farmer’s market and, despite not bringing enough bags, I got it all home without any plastic.
- Made Gingerbread Scones for breakfast instead of boxed cereal.
- I continue to wash on cold, compost, eat leftovers (some minor fails here but it is a process), and leave the car parked more often than not.
- I stopped chewing gum for the month of April. A minor action but gum is really nothing but waste from the wrapper to the actual gum (which is apparently now made of plastic??).
**In the Totally Missing The Point category, I emailed a company with a recommendation regarding excessive packaging and, while they never responded to my recommendation, they did just email to let me know that in the mail I will be receiving some coupons.