I am pretty proud that I seem to have kicked the chewing gum habit. The quantity of mail we receive is quite reduced and I am composting both in my garden and using our local compost pickup. I am also trying toothpaste-free to see how that works for me and have been trying out some deodorant options for when the last of my store bought, natural, $$ deoderant runs out. In addition to these works-in-progress I thought I might add a few more goals for the month of May.
- Hang 5 loads of wash. First I need to clear out the clutter from around the drying rack.
- Camp out 1 night. I am a firm believer that the more time we spend outdoors the more appreciation we have for nature and the more inspired I am to be practically waste free.
- Plant more vegetables: tomatoes, lettuce, more carrots, broccoli.
- Go 20 days free of paper towels. I try really hard to skip the paper towels and I am usually good about it but a goal should help.
- 20 chocolate free days. Chocolate is a big vice and because we have to be strictly dairy free it isn’t something I can buy in bulk. It is time to seriously reduce the chocolate and associated waste!!
Any goals you would care to share?