Inspired by a conversation over at The Non-Consumer Advocate, I bring to you five practically waste free and frugal actions. Saving money isn’t my motivation for going practically waste free, but it can be a nice little bonus. Not every waste free action is going to be frugal but saving money in one area allows you to spend that money on what matters.
- Tonight I used my pressure cooker to cook garbanzo beans for a curry. Buying dry beans in a bull bag saves on packaging and on cost.
- I am reading a book I checked out of the library. Free books … Gotta love the library!
- Mowed the lawn using a reel mower. I never have to buy gas for it and I get in some exercise while mowing.
- The jeans I wore today are 8 years old.
- I cleaned up messes in the kitchen with old dish towels instead of paper towels.