Tomorrow I will post an update on how I did with my May goals but I thought it best to get going on my June goals. I found having some concrete goals, like 20 paper towel free days, really made it easier than deciding I would just use “less” paper towels.
- Make 2 batches of homemade strawberry freezer jam.
- Line dry 15 loads of wash.
- Figure out an easy, practically waste free hummus recipe. I have been buying store bought hummus but we can’t even recycle the plastic tubs anymore. Too much waste, time to make my own!
- Make 4 cloth snack bags for trips. On a recent trip to a park, enjoying the beautiful views and wildlife, I couldn’t help but think how prepackaged snacks and the waste they produce is rather anti-nature.
- Figure out a replacement for shampoo. Baking soda/vinegar is probably the first thing I will try.
- Make 6 loaves of homemade bread for lunches/sandwiches/toast.
- Camp out one night.
Do you have any waste free goals for June?