Today was one of those weird days where everything seemed to be off. I was dropping things, plumbing was not working as it should (the house’s), just a weird day overall. So yeah, some paper towels were used and a few other things that aren’t waste free. I’m not perfectly waste free (or even close yet) but I didn’t let things snowball out of control and that is what matters. So what did I do right?
- Two tasty loaves of homemade bread were baked. Some people in the house were asking for a “sandwich shaped loaf” so we threw half the batch in the loaf pan and free formed the other half.
- We ate homegrown blueberries for dessert after dinner. So good!
- We were home later than usual tonight and so a dinner of leftovers was perfect!
- I used Dr. Bronner’s bar soap to wash my hair and apple cider vinegar to rinse. So far so good.
- I hung wash to dry, composted my food scraps, and have been keeping a pitcher of cold water in the fridge (this way I’m not letting the water run to cool each for each glass).