- It is Fall, which means I can pull out my warm, cozy clothes.
- I am playing the piano again after a decade or two without. I am no concert pianist but am loving being able to play again.
- I have been enjoying a meal plan that I put together. Each night of the weekend has a designation (pizza Saturday, pancakes on Friday, leftovers on Thursday, pasta on Wednesday, soup or casserole on Tuesday, bean burgers on Monday, soup or casserole on Sunday) and I pick from a few recipes based on what needs eating. So far it is working better than more specific plans I have tried in the past.
- I made a Chickpea and Broccoli Casserole from Vegan With A Vengeance that reminded me a bit of my mom’s Chicken Divane casserole that I enjoyed as a kid. Definitely hit the comfort-food spot!
- My compost bin contents appear to be composting. I know this is totally the point and should come as no surprise, but I apparently needed physics proof.